Thursday, December 15, 2011

Work work workshop

Been attending to a workshop about digital art. I thought it would be refreshing to actually work with some photoshop stuff, and the teacher who I have had before in other classes, is rather amazing at working in photoshop and even in 3Ds Max. We had some fun stuff to do, but last night we began working on a potrait of whoever we want to draw. I havent had that much trouble drawing humans in Photoshop, but it is still hard to make them look "perfect".
I just finished on my part of the task. I am rather proud of the result even though my version looks very different from the picture I used.


In my version she looks much older and has a longer face. She looks a bit too... hmm manly? Atleast she looks rather young and such. My favorite part of the picture is the hair. I have always had a hard time to make hair look proper, but this time around I actually made it good enough for my liking. Last time I did that, was when I made that group picture of my character from that silly fantasy story.

This one to be exact. :P I hated the hair on the other characters, but the big ass elven head is obviously the one you should look at. Just like the picture above, I started off with a base color and made each strand and make dark shades and such. It gives such a nice effect in the end, but it can be hard to make it "perfect".

Anyway, I am on a roll so I will probably spam like an idiot (...not) with stuff like this. Also! I certainly did not forget about the "draw a drawing each day" thingmajing, even though I didnt draw for a couple of days... *cough*... I still got some nice stuff done that Iwill try and scan and post on the blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment